Friday

27.1.2010 - Southwest and temperatures rising


An ordinary day, with a warmfront approaching. A few days ago I exspected sunshine with good lift, later on a covered day with lots of dynamic lift, and finally got a day with a long wait until there was enough to go out.



I timed it well though, since I skipped all the parawaiting the hardcore pilots had done before my arrival and got there in time to take nice pictures, unpack and fly the fly-to-the-sky! Not a day for a spectacular flight, but it was way better than to dream only!





In this image the site looks so vast and it is so small!

afterthoughts:
I have a gut feeling we will get into some tangling one of these days; pilot skills in Jena get better and better, and lots of new pilots arrive, eager to learn and progress - actually a wonderful development I would not have anticipated some years ago.
Yet over-confidence seems not far away and I notice how close wings get in the air - the margin for mistakes drops.
I ask myself: Does one become more prudent with age or am I too critical? Hmm, will need to watch this closely, but get out of the way early enough ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment